DIP19: Remove comma operator from D and provision better syntactic support for tuples

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Sep 23 13:40:34 PDT 2012

I discussed this with Walter, and we concluded that we could deprecate
the comma operator if it helps tuples. So I started with this:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP19

Unfortunately, I started much cockier than I ended. The analysis in
there fails to construct a case even half strong that deprecating the
comma operator could significantly help tuples. Well it essentially
concludes that tuples are mostly fine as they are, and attempts to
embellish them syntactically are marred with unexpected problems.
Nevertheless, I sure have missed aspects all over, so contributions are
appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrei