Neat: UFCS for integer dot operator suffix

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Sep 24 08:11:58 PDT 2012

Philippe Sigaud:

> But, to my eyes, it's but a toy.

There are features (like tuples) that I use all the time in other
languages (and in D too), so I know they are useful for me. I
have not used units in normal languages (only a little in Frink:
http://futureboy.us/frinkdocs/ ), so I don't know for sure they
are useful for me :-)

On the other hand both in D and other languages I feel the need
for strongly typing single values (like typedef in D1). For me
telling apart differently typed double values or array types is
handy for documentation and improve code readability (and for
this a D alias is enough), and the type system enforcement makes
me more relaxed while I write code, because I know the compiler
catches more mistakes.

Bye,
bearophile