LDC blacklisted in Ubuntu

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Sep 26 08:46:21 PDT 2012

On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 19:59:36 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> I'd add here that you're talking about by far the most widely
> used distro.
> […]
> Isn't it worth someone from the LDC team discussing with the
> Ubuntu people concerned (e.g. the person who decided to
> blacklist the package) and try and get their feedback and
> advice on packaging?  My experience is that the Ubuntu team are
> fairly friendly and helpful.

I don't doubt that distro packages are vital for providing a
smooth experience for Linux users. However, and this is
unfortunately a big "however", at the same time I don't think I
will be able to look into providing those packages myself any
time soon (besides for Arch, but that front is already covered;
big thanks to Sven/svenstaro!), simply because I'm happy if I
find enough time to look into any LDC issues whatsoever at all
right now.

Joseph, Russel, you seem to be both personally interested in
D/LDC and quite knowledgeable about Debian-style packaging. Might
I suggest that you think about joining the LDC forces as a
package maintainer? It certainly isn't a huge amount of work to
do, but many small items also add up…

Thanks,
David