Ch-ch-changes

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 22:00:59 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu

> You are great, too, and would be even greater if you finalized your parser
> generator and submitted it to Phobos. Most of the questions I get asked at
> conferences are about your parser and Dmitry's regex.

Thanks. That's why I keep having people forking/starring it on github
:) And that's why I'm working on it regularly: I recently upgraded its
speed by one to two orders of magnitude (almost two in fact) at
compile- and runtime, got it linear by using memoization, added
introspection capabilities and grammar diagnostic. I also corrected
numerous bugs and maybe found a way to deal with left-recursive rules
which the D grammar is so fond of.
I'm now using it to get a pattern-matching engine in D: it's heavily
related to the recent tuple thread, where many people ask for
deconstruction, only I'm doing it for any type and range.

Philippe