LDC blacklisted in Ubuntu

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 27 03:43:39 PDT 2012

On 27 September 2012 11:27, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 27/09/12 12:11, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>>
>>> I also managed to royally screw up when going through beginners'
>>> packaging
>>> instructions for Ubuntu, so I'm not sure I'm the best choice here ... :-\
>>

>> I'd advise to retrieve the LLVM source package and tailor for LDC
>> instead rather than building from scratch.
>

> I wasn't even trying to build LDC at the time, just going through some "new
> to packaging" instructions on Launchpad.
>
> BTW when you say "Tailor for LDC" what do you mean?  Isn't the LDC package
> meant to build against the target system LLVM?

I meant clang. :-)

The source package for clang has mostly everything set-up for you.
Source deps, Binary deps, etc.  I'd imagine the build process would be
similar, just a case of replacing the clang sources with ldc, and
tweaking the rules file to pick up ldc-specific installed files to
package.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';