LDC blacklisted in Ubuntu

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Sep 27 15:31:27 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 07:50 -0700, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[…]
> Yeah that's the other way to do it: build your own .deb's, and create an
> apt repository on dlang.org (or somewhere), then publish the repository
> URL. Then users can simply add the URL to /etc/apt/sources.list, and
> they will be able to use apt-get/aptitude to directly download and
> install it. You can even include a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d in
> your .deb, so that once users install it the first time, the next
> package upgrade will automatically pull any new versions from dlang.org.
>
> As an example, this is what Opera does.

Use of /etc/apt/sources.list.d turns out to be anathema to those of use
who use approx.

Having a D apt repository remains a good move. In fact isn't there one
already? It's contents could be widened to include all deb from D stuff.

(Except I haven't actually been able to make it work :-(

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk