Rust and D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Sep 27 17:18:19 PDT 2012

Most comparisons between Go and D on Reddit aren't good, but this
time there is an almost decent comparison between D and Rust:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/10k9ao/why_i_think_rust_is_the_language_of_the_future/

I think the most direct competitor of D is going to become Rust
(beside of course C# and C++), because Go has different enough
purposes.

 From the thread I have also learnt that some months ago they have
removed typestate from Rust, because it doesn't pull its weight,
as Andrei says (I think Rust was the first serious attempt at
using this language feature, and now it will be hard to see
another language with it):

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/rust-dev/2012-July/002094.html

https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/1805

https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/2178