I think we need to standardize where D headers are to be installed

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Fri Sep 28 06:02:21 PDT 2012

It seems it's very inconsistent where D headers are installed across
various systems/distros. Some use $PREFIX/include/d/, some use
$PREFIX/include/<d compiler>/, $PREFIX/include/<target triple>/d/, etc...

Can people who are familiar with how some particular system does it
weigh in here? I think that first of all, we need to figure out how it's
done and then figure out how we want it to be done. C has always used
$PREFIX/include, so we need some kind of standard, too.

FWIW I think $PREFIX/include/d/ would be sane enough, where particular
projects could install their headers to $PREFIX/include/d/<project>/.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org
http://lycus.org