Rust and D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Sep 28 15:21:10 PDT 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 23:54:10 +0200
"Peter Alexander" <peter.alexander.au at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 28 September 2012 at 17:42:07 UTC, Froglegs wrote:
> >   The Rust website says this:
> >
> > Generic types	yes, only simple, non-turing-complete
> > substitution
> >
> >   After seeing that I just assumed the language was worthless
> > and
> > ignored it..  is there something more to this?
>
> Relevant:
> http://commandcenter.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/esmereldas-imagination.html

Meh, a meta-complaint.

I love the quotes in the first paragraph about actresses, but mostly
it strikes me as an elaborate way to dismiss, or at least overly
downplay:

1. The importance of metaprogramming.

2. The impracticality of judging the myriad of languages out there
these days by going hands-on with all of them, and not having some way
to narrow things down to a realistic level first.

(My apologies if the article's author is reading this, no offense was
intended.)