Rust and D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Sep 28 23:12:00 PDT 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:33:31 -0700
José Armando García Sancio <jsancio at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Nick Sabalausky <
> SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
>
> > (My apologies if the article's author is reading this, no offense
> > was intended.)
>

> Doubt it. I believe the author was Rob Pike.

(Had to look up that name) Ahh, I see. That explains the dismissal of
metaprogramming and generics, and the dismissal Go's objectors
via a roundabout strawman (Ie by complaining about the act of
complaining, and by categorizing of Go's complaints as merely
programmers loving to complain for the sake of complaining).

(And yea, I see the "[generics] are a fine thing", but he's still
overall very dismissive of their importance.)