Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Sep 29 19:50:44 PDT 2012

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 04:17:59 Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> When I tried this earlier, I couldn't even get the basic website
> to build on my box from github. I think it needs github phobos
> too but meh, I moved on to something else and never got back to
> it.

Unless something's changed recently, to build the website docs, you need both
druntime and Phobos to be the latest from github (just like d-programming-
language.org) and to have them all in the same directory. Otherwise, it
doesn't work. And personally, I'm always having to change the makefile so that
it doesn't try and build previous versions of Phobos or it doesn't work. It's
far too dependent on having a very specific setup on your box and probably
should be fixed as part of the initiatize to better automize the release
process. It's far too fragile as it is.

- Jonathan M Davis