Rust and D

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:28:08 PDT 2012

Looking at Rust's concurrency model, it does have some great
ideas.
I wonder what would happen if D used thread-local heaps...

As far as syntax goes, the "shared" keyword could be used to
distinguish between the heap types. I'm not sure how all this
would work with "new", but I'm sure someone can think of a clean
syntax.

In all, it's an intriguing idea, and it could fit with D's
current concurrency model extremely well. I can definitely see
this breaking code, but not much more than the switch to TLS
globals did. It might be something to consider eventually.