Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 06:45:15 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 30 September 2012 at 11:22:02 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> The main problem IMHO is how the links are generated,
> making it impossible to have links to symbols with the
> same name in the same module

Yeah, I did a pull request to dmd to add a new macro to fix this,
but I also included a change to the escaping rules and the powers
that be weren't convinced of them (though they should be, ddoc is
virtually unusable for documenting html and also for outputting
other document formats without it or something like it).

Anyway though I need to separate out my ddoc fixes into
individual pull requests and I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Maybe I'll try to fit it in today.

After we allow a DDOC_PSYMBOL macro, we update std.ddoc to use it
for the anchors and then we're set.

Though, it still doesn't account for overloaded functions... but
meh it's a *lot* better than we have now.