Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 06:53:39 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 30 September 2012 at 11:35:48 UTC, JN wrote:
> TickDuration should be a clickable link leading to
> core.time.TickDuration class docs.

Yeah, I looked for that once before too, but the current
implementation makes that difficult. IIRC the compiler has
already stringified that data by the time it gets to the
documentation generation code, so the details aren't really
available.

I do vaguely recall seeing someone post a proper solution to
github or bugzilla once though.

Another possibility is to connect it through to a search engine.
My (currently low quality) dpldocs.info does an ok job:

http://dpldocs.info/TickDuration

So we could just wire all clicks to go through that. Somehow. But
I think that's still suck hard because it couldn't tell what
words to allow to be clickable and would have pointless ambiguity
compared to the compiler just showing the right data.

idk, I just kinda hate doing C++ too. D has spoiled me.