Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 30 08:37:13 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-30 15:49, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> Eh, maybe. I just find doing fancier things inside the compiler to be a
> pain in the butt. Basically D > C++. And it is harder to get code into
> dmd than it is to just do your own thing.
>
> But really what matters is that we get something that doesn't suck
> results wise. We could always change the ddoc implementation later.

That might be true but it's this kind of attitude that makes the source
code a big mess and software suck. It's always "we fix this later", well
"later" is never going to happen. It's always patch on workaround on fix
on patch, and so on. What's wrong with "hey, lets fix this the right way
for a change".

--
/Jacob Carlborg