Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 12:23:27 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 30 September 2012 at 17:27:43 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> I would like to fix it but I think the DMD code base is quite
> horrible and just a big mess.

What hurts me most in doing it is just that it is C++... I know
my way around the compiler reasonably well. Not great but good
enough to get by... but doing new code is just such a pain.
Little things like no auto, forward declarations, weak sauce
arrays and strings. Ugh, it just isn't D.

And then dmd has its own rules that trip me up. Aren't supposed
to use dynamic_cast, can't use tabs, just all kinds of style
things that grind me.