File compare/merge

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 03:43:58 PDT 2013

On 01/04/2013 20:53, Walter Bright wrote:
> Life has gotten a lot easier for me trying to manage multiple branches
> of D since I've been using file compare/merge tools.
>
> I use winmerge for Windows, and meld for Linux. They are both free, and
> work great.
>
> What do you use?

Nowadays, CSDiff, the compare feature in Notepad++, or good old fc,
depending on what is best for the circumstances.  At least to compare -
merging isn't something I've had to do much in my time.

Is anybody here writing a file-compare tool in D?  It would be
interesting to see how good a diffing algorithm we can come up with.
Maybe making use of levenshteinDistanceAndPath.

Stewart.