DIP33: A standard exception hierarchy

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 04:59:39 PDT 2013

02-Apr-2013 15:35, Andrei Alexandrescu пишет:
> On 4/2/13 7:24 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> You might want to add Visitor pattern to Exceptions but it's darn messy
>> to deal with and is an overkill most of the time.
>
> Actually I think that's a good thing to do.

Why would be that? It doesn't solve the key problem of "try clause plus
a ton of semi-identical catches" used just to perform a mapping of X
handlers to Y subsets of errors. Plus visitor does the same dispatch
that is already addressed by exception handlers (or partly so).

If somebody comes up with a reasonable Visitor pattern for Exceptions
that is flexible and fast then sure let's see it. I just doubt it'll
help anything on its own in any case.

--
Dmitry Olshansky