D-Programming-Language/tools licenses

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 05:16:58 PDT 2013

I have started an initiative to improve D packaging scheme and
got an agreement with dmd package maintainer in Linux to separate
tools (primarily rdmd, but I see no reason to not include others)
into separate compiler-agnostic package. That will greatly
simplify further simultaneous deployment of multiple D compilers.

One issue I have noticed though is that some sources there does
not have license set and, obviously, official repository
maintainers won't accept anything like that.

It would have helped if authors of related tools added any
typical open-source license to them. So far I can see catdoc,
detab, dman, findtags, told - so it is Walter with tiny bit of
Andrei :)

Thanks!