My thoughts & tries with rvalue references

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:33:48 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 4 April 2013 at 16:21:50 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> I don't know. My opinion has no value here.
> I know. But I wanted to hear just your personal opinion about
> the code and if you have any suggestions or anything.
>
>> I may advice to write a DIP that makes more accent on
>> theoretical side of problem - what "scope" currently is, how
>> it combines with ref now, how it should combine, how Andrei's
>> DIP fits in the picture, how it fits overall type system, what
>> are possible code breakage scenarios, what are typical use
>> cases for this feature etc. If such DIP and matching pull
>> request do exist, it is only matter of agreement (with
>> Andrei/Walter) about points stated in DIP.
>
> Hmm, I don't know if I could write a long and good text for the
> DIP. My english is very limited and not free of failures.
> I still had hoped that Kenji or some other find the time, to
> see over my code and to make a DIP/Pull Request.

Well, I doubt there are that many native speakers here which will
be shocked by bad English :) But if you gather all data mentioned
(see also Kenji's comment), I can write DIP itself for you. Type
system changes should be studied in smallest details as those
have have very long term consequences and incredibly hard to
replace with better solutions later.