File compare/merge

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:44:54 PDT 2013

On Monday, 1 April 2013 at 20:18:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/1/13 3:53 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Life has gotten a lot easier for me trying to manage multiple
>> branches
>> of D since I've been using file compare/merge tools.
>>
>> I use winmerge for Windows, and meld for Linux. They are both
>> free, and
>> work great.
>>
>> What do you use?
>
> It's a good discussion. Love meld but OSX installation is
> tenuous so I gave up on it. This morning I installed Octosplit
> (http://goo.gl/sgNWw) on Chrome this morning, it took seconds
> and it made diff viewing a lot better.
>
> Andrei

Just started using Octosplit and I have to say it's really nice.

It is a little slow though on really big diffs, I tested it on a
recent pull of mine to druntime (>2500 lines changed) it takes a
few seconds for the tick box to appear, then the page hangs for a
few more seconds once I click it.

Stil, hardly long to wait in the general scheme of things,
especially compared to opening some applications.