On the performance of building D programs

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Apr 5 03:24:18 PDT 2013

On Friday, 5 April 2013 at 10:18:25 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

(agreed with everything not quoted)

> dmd -r -rx=somemodule.d -rxp=some.package (The = were just
> added for
> readability)

I think -r is redundant, and should be the default action if only
one module is given on DMD's command line. I can't think of
plausible situations where this could be a problem.

Considering that you can't have a module with the same name as a
package, the same syntax for excluding both can be used, e.g.
"-rxcrc32 -rxstd".