On the performance of building D programs

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 07:02:22 PDT 2013

On 4/5/13, Vladimir Panteleev <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:
> Another option is wildcards (std.*).

Yep, I use this for unittesting and it works nice.

On 4/5/13, Vladimir Panteleev <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:
> -r should be disabled for such cases - thus, enabled only when there's one .d file and no .obj / .lib files.

The .lib file could be an import library.

On 4/5/13, Vladimir Panteleev <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:
> I think we should promote the use of pragma(lib) instead.

I remember other compiler writers saying pragma should not be used (I
think GDC was it).

Anyway, It's easier to reason about a feature if you only had to pass
a single switch to enable the feature rather than having to remember
some odd set of rules.