On the performance of building D programs

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 04:52:24 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 7 April 2013 at 07:29:26 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> I wonder if it's somehow related to Dicebot's findings in
> another recent thread:
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/gxscuhrvcpnuzvgyykyp@forum.dlang.org

I am pretty sure it is related. Current DMD logic for emitting
template symbols is very naive and feels more like a hack that
has several consequences in variety of cases. I am trying to
create a more capable solution but have not been doing any dmd
development before and this may take an eternity. Would be really
glad to see some experienced dmd dev comment on topic.