status of shared libs

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Apr 7 10:56:15 PDT 2013

On 04/07/2013 07:38 PM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> In theory: Add the .so directory to /etc/ld.so.conf, run ldconfig
> http://linux.die.net/man/8/ldconfig

Oh, of course.  I did once know this years ago, but I'd forgotten as it's so
long since I last installed a shared library into anything other than
/usr/local/lib.

> But: This usually requires proper version information in the .so library
> and a properly set soname. I doubt anyone has looked into that yet.

Well, I have had no problems with dmd, but when I tried also adding /opt/gdc/lib
I got the following error message upon running ldconfig:

    /sbin/ldconfig.real: /opt/gdc/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.18-gdb.py is not an ELF
file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.