Disable GC entirely

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Sun Apr 7 11:48:32 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 7 April 2013 at 09:41:21 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
[...]
> applications situation is pretty acceptable right now. Well, it
> will be, once easy way to track accidental gc_malloc calls is
> added.

That's the critical missing piece of the puzzle. In effect we
need to be able to use a sub-set of D that is 100% GC free.
Currently writing GC-free applications in D may be theoretically
possible, but it is simply not a practical option in most
situations for most people, it's far too error probe and fragile.

--rt