On the performance of building D programs

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Sun Apr 7 13:32:13 PDT 2013

> So pass -rxvibe vibe.lib on the first invocation. I think we're
> in
> some kind of miscommunication..

You don't know that something uses vibe untilyou actually compile
it.
Passing every cached library to the compiler is not a feasible
approach. How do you pass the relevant linker flags to the
compiler? How do you support parallelization?
Using IPC to negotiate this could handle these problems. You
could think of it as using the compiler as library if you want to.