Disable GC entirely

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Apr 8 00:46:14 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 April 2013 at 07:35:59 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-04-08 06:30, Manu wrote:
> Scott Meyers had a talk about what he called red code/green
> code. It was supposed to statically enforce that green code
> cannot call red code. Then what is green code is completely up
> to you, if it's memory safe, thread safe, GC free or similar.

That kind of genericity will be just wonderful in some cases. For
example, one could make sure, at compilation, that interrupt code
does not call sleeping code when it comes to Linux kernel
programming.

I wonder, however, if one could re-define the notions of
green/red several times in a project. Maybe per-module basis?