Disable GC entirely

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 8 04:36:40 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-08 12:08, Dicebot wrote:

> Erm. How so? Same C library is dynamically linked both for D and C
> programs so I am comparing raw binary size honestly here (and it is the
> same).

You're comparing a D executable, statically linked with its runtime and
standard library to a C executable which is dynamically linked with
instead. It's not rocket science that if you put more into the
executable it will become larger.

> If you mean size of druntime is not that relevant if you link it
> dynamically - embedded application can often be the only program that
> runs on given system ("single executive" concept) and it makes no
> difference (actually, dynamic linking is not even possible in that case).

Then you have to include the size of the C runtime and standard library
when comparing.

--
/Jacob Carlborg