DIP attack

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:39:49 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 April 2013 at 15:50:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> No need to worry. Authoring a DIP indicates a willingness of
> the author to formalize a request, submit it to community
> scrutiny, and bring it to good shape before it is formally
> reviewed.
>
> Andrei

Sure, I understand that, but, as an author of one of DIPs I have
no idea if my DIP was even read by you or Walter. It was
announced and all minor issues highlighted by community were
addressed. What now? Is still it lacking something? Is it
preapproved and waiting for a pull request? Conceptually
rejected? I have no idea. And know even less about other DIPs.

Usual "do pull request and then we will see" does not really work
here, as implementing new lagnauge feature is often a
considerable amount of efforts and some for of pre-approvement
can really help.