status of shared libs

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Apr 8 15:30:42 PDT 2013

On 08.04.2013 20:54, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-04-08 20:00, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>> I think the correct way is to remove the C main function from dmain2.d
>> and put it in an extra library to be linked with the executable. At
>> least on Windows, you won't be able to link back from the DLL to the
>> main executable.
>
> The D main function as well?

Inside a DLL you don't run the D main function, and the executable must
have it (or WinMain), so it doesn't make sense to define one in the
shared druntime DLL.

Depending on whether _Dmain, WinMain or DLLMain is found in the D source
code, the corresponding startup code is linked, and only the startup
code for _Dmain drags in the the C main function.