DIP attack

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 06:45:47 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 at 12:59:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/9/13 4:11 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Monday, 8 April 2013 at 21:12:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> wrote:
>>> Newsgroup posts come and go. Big difference.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> DIPs stay and rot. Big difference.
>
> I was making an actual argument, sarcasm is uncalled for. It
> has been a long standing problem with this community that good
> ideas and good articles got lost because they scrolled away in
> the Usenet stream.

And I am saying exactly it is not that much different if they are
not actually processed, as soon as language improvements are
desired goal, not some kind of encyclopedia. Sure, it is better,
I agree. But it is still seriously lacking and don't scale to
even current amount of DIPs.

>> So I suppose you don't think any improvements need to be done
>> for this
>> process right now?
>
> We are only at the beginning with DIPs. Of course we need to
> make a ton of improvements.

Really glad to here it. Problem is, process change initiative
here needs to be launched by either you or Walter because you are
the two who make final decisions on DIPs. This can't be pure
community effort.

Or should I make DIP about changing DIP process? :)