Linear algebra library

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Tue Apr 9 13:23:53 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 at 13:52:58 UTC, Maksim Zholudev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It looks like SciD [1] is obsolete [...]

"Obsolete" is the wrong word here.  SciD is currently not
actively developed (I'm sorry to say), but it's not like Gaussian
quadrature no longer works...

The library does suffer from some bit rot due to compiler
modifications, though, which I was not aware of until now.  I'll
get that sorted out shortly.  When that is done, SciD will still
work the way it always has.  It just won't be getting any new
functionality in the foreseeable future.

And I've said this before, but I'll say it again:

Cristi Cobzarenco's "SciD" is not a "new" or "updated" version of
SciD.  The reason it retains that name is that he started his
work by forking my library.  However, he removed all
non-linear-algebra functionality, and then rewrote the entire
linear algebra modules from scratch, so there really isn't much
left of SciD in there AFAIK.

Lars.