Linear algebra library

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Tue Apr 9 13:46:19 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 at 20:29:51 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> On 04/09/2013 10:23 PM, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
>> Cristi Cobzarenco's "SciD" is not a "new" or "updated" version
>> of SciD.  The
>> reason it retains that name is that he started his work by
>> forking my library. However, he removed all non-linear-algebra
>> functionality, and then rewrote the
>> entire linear algebra modules from scratch, so there really
>> isn't much left of
>> SciD in there AFAIK.
>
> Apologies if I mischaracterized the situation.  My impression
> had been that this
> was a cooperative work (or a conscious handing of the baton).

No need to apologise!  Your impression wasn't far off. As I
remember it, Cristi's intention was to either submit the library
for inclusion in Phobos, or if that failed, to fold it back into
SciD.  That never happened, however, but the name stuck, and that
has created some confusion.

Lars