Disable GC entirely

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:19:33 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 09:12:33 UTC, Manu wrote:
> ... nar, I don't think so.
> A class is a class, I'm not arguing for anything that's
> kinda-like-a-class,
> I'm talking about classes.

The question is then "what is class?". Because the very reason to
have class is to have guaranteed polymorphic behavior, so that
working with object via its base will always make sense without
any fears about what behavior can be overriden. But that is
mostly needed in OOP hell with few practical cases like plugins.

If essentially coupling data and methods is needed, that is what
struct does. I am not arguing that everything should be virtual,
I am arguing that you actually need classes. It is not C++ and,
in my opinion, structs should be much more common entities than
classes, especially in performance-hungry code.