Need clarification on dmd symbol generation

kenji hara k.hara.pg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:37:27 PDT 2013

2013/4/10 Dicebot <m.strashun at gmail.com>

> On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 08:41:35 UTC, kenji hara wrote:
>
>> Sorry I have no answer for the issue. That is still unknown area to me...
>>
>> Kenji Hara
>>

> Thanks for replying! Really appreciated.
>
> May be you can give me a small insight on dmd internal data representation
> then? I think I have got the issue and know what needs to be done, but
> can't find reasonably short solution within existing code structure.

OK. I don't understand the issue enough, but I'd like to help you.

- TemplateInstance::tinst may represent the enclosing template instance
that 'this' instance is instantiated. It is set in
TemplateInstance::semantic(|2|3) for its member's semantic process.

- TemplateInstance::enclosing may represent the parent of nested template
instance. If a template is instantiated in function scope with implicit
context, it points the function. It is set in
TemplateInstance::hasNestedArgs.

- Module::importedFrom may represents the "root module" of import chain. it
points one of the module that listed in command line.

Good luck.

Kenji Hara