Disable GC entirely

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Wed Apr 10 05:38:26 PDT 2013

On 04/09/2013 04:43 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> - Starcraft?: Starcraft is 15 years old, so it isn't an example of a
>    modern AAA title in the first place.

StarCraft II came out a few years ago and sold very well. They also just
released the second installment of it within the past month or so, and
considering it is essentially an over-priced expansion pack, it also
sold very well.

> In the ones I identified as "interactive movie", cinematic presentation
> deeply permeates the entire experience, gameplay and all.

Translation: Wearing your gumpy-old-man goggles, you dismiss games that
feature lots of cinematics as "interactive movies", even though there is
plenty of core gameplay to be had.

There *are* games that are essentially interactive movies, like Heavy
Rain for example, or LA Noire, but putting shooters like BioShock
Infinite or GTA (when doing the missions) in this category is ridiculous.