Disable GC entirely

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 05:44:22 PDT 2013

On 10 April 2013 22:37, Andrei Alexandrescu
<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>wrote:

> On 4/10/13 2:02 AM, Manu wrote:
>
>> I do use virtual functions, that's the point of classes. But most
>> functions are not virtual. More-so, most functions are trivial
>> accessors, which really shouldn't be virtual.
>>

> I'd say a valid style is to use free functions for non-virtual methods.
> UFCS will take care of caller syntax.

Valid, perhaps. But would you really recommend that design pattern?
It seems a little obscure for no real reason. Breaks the feeling of the OO
encapsulation principle somewhat.

I've started using UFCS more recently, but I'm still wary of overuse
leading to unnecessary obscurity.