Disable GC entirely

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:48:04 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 17:33:55 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Why? Sorry, that article didn't sell me. Maybe I need to sit
> and simmer on
> it for a bit longer though. I like static methods (I prefer
> them to
> virtuals!) ;)

I agree with Andrei here and it is one of those rare moments when
his opinion actually matches embedded needs :P Virtual functions
are powerful and dangerous, the more they are separated from the
other code the better. Programming in such way is quite
innovative paradigm shift but I think it is superior to current
C++-derived approach and it is a place where UFCS truly shine.

Actually, if you can afford to spend some time - send me sample
or description of design you try to create in C++ way and I'll
consider it a personal challenge to implement it in D way with
extended comments why it is better :P I believe it _should_ be
possible.