Disable GC entirely

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Apr 10 11:16:54 PDT 2013

On 4/10/13 1:50 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Everyone seems to be having them, it is as if after realizing that in
> many cases aggregation is better than inheritance, multi-methods is also
> a better way to add attach behaviour to objects.

My perception is that there's an exponential falloff as follows: 99% of
all cases are handled by single dispatch; 0.9% are handled by double
dispatch; 0.09% are handled by triple dispatch; ...

I'd tell any language designer - don't worry about multiple dispatch.
Spend that time on anything else, it'll be better invested.

Andrei