To help LDC/GDC

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed Apr 10 12:43:54 PDT 2013

On 04/10/2013 08:54 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/9/2013 3:48 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>> No, D have holes in its type system and so can't ensure anything. It
>> has been
>> show many many many times, especially by Timon and myself, and I'm
>> kind of fed
>> up to have to repeat that again and again, especiallt since fix
>> proposal have
>> recieved no attention at all.
>>
>> Stop claiming that such possibility exists, or take a serious look at
>> how to
>> really ensure it.
>
> Having a bug in the compiler doesn't mean the language design is full of
> holes.

Generally it does not, but is it actually not full of holes in this
case? Can you give a short wrap-up of what the original language design
is for type checking delegate context pointers? We can only guess,
because it is not specified and much of what DMD does there is obviously
buggy. In the end, we'll be left with three compiler front ends that
implement three distinct competing designs.