Disable GC entirely

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Wed Apr 10 15:10:14 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 at 21:33:52 UTC, Jeff Nowakowski
wrote:

>> FWIW there's this Neal Stephenson novel "Diamond Age" taking
>> place in
>> the future. That book's vision is that all modern movies are
>> "ractive"
>> (short from "interactive") using networked real players and a
>> loose
>> script, whereas old movies are "passive"s and only watched by
>> a few
>> older people.
>
> Personally I don't think passive movies will ever go away. Many
> times you just want to relax and view the story instead of
> being part of it. People have been pitching "interactive TV"
> for a very long time, but passive TV still dominates.

I agree, 9 x out of 10 I watch a movie precisely because I want
to shut my brain down and relax, interacting with a game may be
entertaining at times but it is sometimes just too much work when
you're very tired. Also we're talking about a specific genre of
entertainment that not everyone will enjoy no matter how much
effort is put into it or what your age may be.

--rt