To help LDC/GDC

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed Apr 10 22:44:59 PDT 2013

On 04/10/2013 11:50 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> My point was that competing designs are very probably not necessary. We
> just need to pull on the string on what must be.

Yes, IMO it is quite obvious how to do it. (transfer the meaning of the
modifiers from member functions to local functions, disallow conversion
to const for delegates and disallow loading a mutable delegate from a
const receiver.)
However, I think there are other opinions. There will probably always be
as long as nothing is specified as the official behaviour.