Formal Review of std.process

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Fri Apr 12 04:05:12 PDT 2013

On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 06:36:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-04-11 22:31, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
>
>> It's implemented using a class, but you use it like an object.
>> I think
>> that is more important.
>
> I see. I know there are some people here that are very picky
> about these things.

Then let me ask you/them this:  Would you prefer it was
implemented as a module-level @property function that returns a
singleton class instance instead?  In other words, would you have
the same API with slightly worse performance and more complicated
implementation, *just* for the sake of a strict naming convention?

Note that 'environment' (with that name) was added to std.process
years ago.  As Jesse mentioned, the fact that it was a class was
just hidden from documentation with an alias.  Unfortunately,
this prevented proper documentation of its members, so changed it.

Lars