dmd command line options bad design: -offilename, -Ddocdir etc.

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Apr 12 05:09:55 PDT 2013

On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 10:39:20 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 09:54:30 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On 11 April 2013 17:57, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 11.04.2013 17:20, schrieb John Colvin:

>>> Actually I would like to know how the desktop world would
>>> look like
>>> had Apple bought BeOS instead.
>>>
>>> This would mean no UNIX on the desktop, assuming Apple would
>>> have
>>> won a similar market as of today.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paulo
>>>

>> Linux would have still taken off... and UNIX would still be
>> relevant on the
>> server market.  :)
>
> Not to mention supercomputers. There's a reason why they use(d)
> UNIX and linux and it's not because of apple.

Sure but I was speaking about the home market, not the server
market.

Then people would need to bash both Apple and Microsoft for not
being UNIX like.

Although I like UNIX architecture, it is not the be all end all
of operating system architecture.

I was lucky enough to play with various OS so far.

--
Paulo