Was: Re: Vote for std.process

Timothee Cour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 07:09:09 PDT 2013

> Someone (bearophile?) once suggested static arrays whose length is determined at runtime, which would  > be a great addition to the language:
>    void foo(int n)    {        int[n] myArr;    }

That would be great. Question about the type: it won't be int[n] as n
is runtime not compile time.
would it be int[] or some other type?

pros of  some other type:
makes some optimizations that benefit from the fact it's stack
allocated possible
cons: we need to be able to reuse existing algos that don't make such
distinction.

maybe another type that would satisfy both type traits:
isDynamicArray!T
isAllocaArray!T