Bus error on 32bit OSX, not 64bit

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 15 00:22:07 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-14 23:55, John Colvin wrote:

> That's a start. The relative offsets are missing from the calls though
> (I think), which makes it rather hard to decipher. What are you using to
> disassemble? "objdump -M intel -dr file.o" will give you more info. It's
> the standard linux tool for the job, available from macports.

Ok, I used obj2asm.

> Also, it would be good if you ran it with gdb, when it bus errors type
> 'disas' and post that. Then we'd be able to see what instruction it's
> occurring at (hopefully).

Ok, I'll do that.

I just tried the same example on Mac OS X 10.6.3 and it runs fine. The
assembly is basically the same.

I wasn't able to install objdump, I'll try again tonight. This what
otool gives:

http://pastebin.com/N8hMiKDe

This is the man page for otool, if there any particular flags you want
me to use:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/otool.1.html

--
/Jacob Carlborg