Is there any plans to make working signals in D?

Robert jfanatiker at gmx.at
Mon Apr 15 01:56:21 PDT 2013

> Yes, this is how array of weak references will work because this is how
> weak references work. And this shows one mustn't implement general
> facilities in every case they are needed as he will do mistakes and will
> complicate thinks for himself.

If an array of weak references works this way, then it is also easily
implementable in the library. For thread safe weak references another
hook would be necessary though, as Soenke has pointed out.

My current approach is to use a /simplified/*) lock-free list.
Simplified because I make use of the way the GC works, so it is not
thread safe in general. The lazy approach would make this unnecessary.

Maybe I go for lazy, the more sophisticated solution can be implemented
later on if really deemed necessary.

*) It is still brain-fuck though.