Formal Review of std.process

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 08:30:29 PDT 2013

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:16:09 -0400, Martin Nowak <code at dawg.eu> wrote:

> The templated pipeProcessImpl only contains a single unshared line of
> code [1]. It might be worthwhile to reduce the amount of duplication by
> using delegates instead of alias parameters.

I think it's a valid point, but I also think the duplication is not that
bad at the moment, there are only two instantiations.  However, if we ever
got to the point where we were templating on the command string type, it
would be more savings by using a delegate.  This optimization is also
fully internal, so it can be submitted as an enhancement after acceptance.

-Steve