Unit tests called multiple times?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 08:44:18 PDT 2013

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 05:01:05 -0400, John Colvin
<john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a really nice feature. By running the unittests a developer could
> verify that there isn't a latent bug in the library code revealed by
> their particular types (or a bug in their types of course). If we could
> leverage this more then bugs in phobos could be identified quicker.

I actually find it very useful.  For example, in dcollections, I test with
every possible integer instantiation (ubyte, byte, ushort, short, uint,
int, ulong long), and it has caught quite a few bugs, even compiler bugs!

Only drawback is it takes a long time to compile with all those
instantiations!

-Steve